Sunday, April 22, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss

It's Sunday. The sun is out, but it's much to chilly to dig in the garden (believe me, I've tried!). The Stanley Cup playoffs are on which means that my family is glued to the t.v. This means that if I ignore the housework, I have been left to my own devices.  Today is a great day to give my family some lovin' from the oven!  What better way to do that than with a freshly baked batch of cookies served warm from the oven? Today's recipe calls for two of my most favourite ingredients ... chocolate and peanut butter. Quite easy to make, and very impressive looking, these cookies are one of my new favourites to bake. Simply follow the instructions below and enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • Approx. 1/4 cup Nutella
  • 1/2 cup chocolate or peanut butter baking chips

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
  2. Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Gradually add the flour, baking soda and salt. Drizzle Nutella on top of the dough then swirl it through the dough with a butter knife.
  3. Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes. Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls and use a fork to gently flatten the balls and create a criss-cross pattern.
  4. Bake for 7-10 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 3 minutes to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love to read your comments and hear about what's happening in your kitchen.