Friday, September 12, 2014

Are You Ready For Some Cookies?





"Every leaf speaks bliss to me,
fluttering from the autumn tree."
~Emily Bronte

     I love the fall. For as long as I can remember it has been my most favourite season. Crisp air, sun burnt leaves, cozy sweaters, flannel pjs, crisp apples and pumpkins. It's a time for getting back into routines, slowing down and giving thanks. This is the season when nature bursts with its last beauty as if it had been saving up all year long for a grand finale.

     Surprisingly, another thing I love about the fall is the start of football season.  By no means am I an avid fan. I simply love the fact that it draws my family together, in one room, lounging in front of the t.v. sharing snacks. Everyone knows that the best part of watching football is the food that goes so well with the game; a loaded plate of nachos, a steamy bowl of chili, and perhaps a batch of fresh baked cookies.  Being in the kitchen on a Sunday afternoon with a football game on in the background, knowing that my family is home and gathered together is bliss for me. 

     I don't know about you, but I am ready for some football. I'm thankful it's the season to slow down and get cozy. Bring it on Autumn, I am ready for the kick off.


     I found this recipe on Pinterest and baked up a batch the other day. They are so moist and delicious! This recipe is a dancing in the end zone touchdown.  



You Will Need:

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 box instant vanilla pudding
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts



Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper
  • In a large bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together, set aside
  • Using a mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and pudding mix for 2-3 minutes
  • Scrape down bowl as needed
  • On slow, add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl in between additions
  • Add vanilla extract
  • Slowly add flour mixture and mix until combined
  • Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts
  • Roll  dough into the size of golf balls and place on cookie sheets
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown
  • Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to wire racks for additional cooling


Thanks to Your Cup of Cake 
for the inspiration for this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love to read your comments and hear about what's happening in your kitchen.