Friday, November 21, 2014

I Would Be Proud To Partake In Your Pecan Pie...


     Happy Friday everyone! I am having a particularly wonderful day and I feel like spreading some joy.  I hope this recipe does the trick.  I must confess that before making this (which was for an order, not for family or friends) I had never made, nor even tasted, a pecan pie. I know right? What was I thinking?! Thankfully for all parties involved, it turned out beautifully AND tasted good. Whew!  

     With the holidays fast approaching, you may be in need of simple and impressive dessert. This recipe is easy to follow and the results are spectacular.  It makes enough for one pie and I had enough filling left over to make some tarts (which are great for sampling your work!). Seriously, give it a try. I think you will be impressed with both yourself and the end product. Happy baking!


You will need

1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup (1 stick butter), melted
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
One 9-inch deep dish pie shell, unbaked, or homemade pastry if you feel ambitious
1 cup pecan halves for topping
Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, for serving 



Directions:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl, mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar and eggs until creamy. Add the chopped pecans, melted butter, milk, flour and vanilla extract and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the pie shell. Arrange the pecan halves on top of the pie in a circular pattern.

Bake the pie for 55 minutes. Check for doneness by shaking the pan slightly. The pie should be firm with only a slight jiggle in the center. It will set more as it cools. Serve topped with vanilla ice cream or with a dollop of whipped cream (or in my case, blueberry pie ice cream!).

*Recipe adapted from Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen
 by Trisha Yearwood (c) Clarkson Potter 2008

I'm sure everyone will be proud to partake in your pecan pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love to read your comments and hear about what's happening in your kitchen.