I officially declare this to be the best snickerdoodle recipe ever! They are so wonderfully delicious and are the perfect blend of cinnamon and sugar. Here is the recipe, give them a try...
The Ultimate Snickerdoodle Recipe
*Makes 16 to 18 cookies.
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with
an electric mixer on high speed. Add the egg and vanilla and
beat until smooth.
2. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and
cream of tartar.
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Make a pot of tea or a fancy coffee and enjoy it while you let the
dough rest for 30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
5. In a small bowl, combine the sugar with the cinnamon for the
topping. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
6. When your dough has rested (and so have you!) take about 2 1/2
tablespoons of the dough and roll it into a ball. Roll this dough in the
cinnamon/sugar mixture and press it onto a cookie sheet lined with
7. Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes and no more. The cookies
may seem undercooked, but will continue to develop after they are
removed from the oven. Cool on wire racks. When the cookies have
cooled they should be soft and chewy in the middle and gone in a
matter of minutes!
The perfect after school snack!