Pinterest ~ that wonderful website where you can lose yourself for an hour in the blink of an eye and become inspired to be a craftier, more organized, stylish baker who drinks wine just so that she can make a wreath out of the corks.
While perusing through the plethora of pins, I came across this fabulous recipe. Pumpkin pie in a cupcake? Yes please! Top them with decadent whipped cream frosting and you have one delectable dessert. This is the perfect fall recipe. The ingredients come together beautifully and will fill your kitchen with the fabulous scents of fall.
Autumn just so happens to be my favourite season; cool, crisp air, warm, cozy sweaters and leaves in fiery bursts of colour. Put the kettle on, grab a good book and curl up next to the fire with one of these cupcakes and you have my version of a perfect fall afternoon.
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes With Whipped Cream Frosting
24 Golden Oreo Cookies
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
15oz pumpkin puree
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line muffin tin with paper liners (24)
- Split Oreos and drop them cream side up at the bottom of each liner.
- Gently combine eggs, oil, applesauce & vanilla.
- Stir in sugar and brown sugar and mix well for several minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg & salt.
- Add dry ingredients to oil & sugar mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fill cupcake tins 3/4 full and bake for 17-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Whipped Cream Topping
500ml heavy whipping cream
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice to decorate
- Using a whisk attachment, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.