Monday, July 30, 2012

Birthdays are nature's way of telling us to eat more cake.

How beautiful is this cake?!


I can say this because I did not bake it myself. This baked beauty was made especially for me by my very good friend to celebrate my birthday. What's great about this cake, besides the fact that it looked and tasted fantastic, was that it was totally unexpected. Nothing makes a birthday more special than an unexpected surprise. 

I'm not one to be over the top about my own birthday. Don't get me wrong... I love birthdays, just not my own.  Nothing gives me more pleasure than celebrating some one's birthday and making them feel special. When the tables are turned however, I feel a bit uncomfortable by all of the attention. I must say though, that this cake made my day. It was so delicate and feminine, almost too good to eat! It had a delicious almond flavour and a light and fluffy icing topped with pink and cream chocolate shavings. It was decadent and delicious. While I can't share the recipe I just had to share the photos and give kudos to my wonderful and thoughtful friend. I am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life. 

Pretty in pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love to read your comments and hear about what's happening in your kitchen.