Back to school means back to routine. Back to making lunches, after school snacks and portable, homework enticing treats. Peanut butter, especially when paired with chocolate, is a hands down winner here at my house. Since peanut butter is contraband at school this fudge can't be packed in lunches, but the recipe is quick and easy; perfect for an after school reward. It calls for only 3 (yes you read that right... 3!) ingredients. Oh, and did I mention that it doesn't require an oven? This is a no bake treat. Even if you don't consider yourself a baker I am confident that you can pull this one off. Seriously, give it a try. You won't be sorry!
PS- You don't have to tell anyone how easy this delicious treat was to make. Feel free to pretend you were slaving away over a hot stove for hours. It'll be our secret...
You will need:
- 26 individual, regular sized Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped (20 for the bottom and 6 chopped and sprinkled on top)
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- Line a 9x9” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray
- Place the peanut butter cups in an even layer on the bottom of the pan. (You should use 20 on the bottom)
- Place chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir until chips and milk are melted together.
- Once everything is melted together, spread evenly over peanut butter cups in prepared pan.
- Immediately sprinkle with the crumbled Reese's, pressing them lightly into the fudge.
- Cool on the counter until it’s room temperature, then cover with plastic and place in the refrigerator to harden completely.
- When completely firm, cut into squares and enjoy!
- Leftover pieces, if you have them, can be stored in an air tight container.