It's been just over a month since I started my new (old) job and I am thrilled to say that I am enjoying it tremendously! While some things have changed in the 10 years since I left, much has also remained the same. Imagine my surprise when I found my old mug still in the cupboard! I was delighted to learn that even the tea pot that I used so often was still there too.
There are many familiar faces, both on staff and in the stacks. I am enjoying reconnecting with patrons and co-workers and being surrounded by books once again. It is wonderful to feel that I have once again found my place in the working world. The added bonus is that I now have a new venue for my baked goods! I baked up a batch of these muffins and brought them in to work the other day. They are moist and delicious and pair perfectly with a nice hot cuppa!
Blueberry Banana Muffins
You Will Need:
1/4 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup mashed, ripe bananas, (2-3 bananas)
1/4 cup applesauce
1 2/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1-2 handfuls of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Mix in eggs, bananas and applesauce
- In a small bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and whisk to combine
- Add the dry mixture to the banana mixture and stir until just combined, do not over mix
- Stir in blueberries dusted in flour (so that they won't sink to the bottom!)
To make 12 muffins, scoop batter into lined muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
* I sprinkled mine with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar just before baking to give them crunchy sweet topping