Happy Mother's Day!
If you give a mom a cupcake,
she will want a cup of tea to go with it.
She'll pour herself some,
but her daughter will want some too.
Once she puts the kettle on,
she'll wipe the counter while she waits for it to boil.
As she wipes the counter with the dish cloth,
she'll remember that she has to do laundry.
When she brings the basket into the laundry room,
she'll realize that there are still clean clothes in the dryer.
As she folds the baseball pants and uniforms,
she'll start thinking about who has a game that night.
When she thinks about baseball schedules,
she'll start to think of something quick to make for supper.
Thinking about supper will remind her
that she has to go grocery shopping.
As she mentally begins to compose her shopping list,
she'll remember that they are almost out of milk.
Thinking about milk will remind her...
that she was making a pot of tea.
As she brews the tea,
she remembers that she was going to sit down and have a cup.
And chances are... if she has a cup of tea,
one of her kids will have eaten the cupcake that went with it.
I made these for Mother's Day.
I hope you enjoy them along with the sweets of life.
White Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tbs. (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup International Delights White Chocolate Mocha creamer
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cupcake pan with paper baking cups (the fancier the better!)
- With an electric mixer, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy
- Reduce speed and add eggs one at a time followed by the 1/2 cup of International Delights White Chocolate Mocha creamer
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in separate bowl
- Add to wet ingredients 1/2 a cup at a time and beat until just combined
- Stir in white chocolate chips
- Pour into baking cups
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- 8 Tbs (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4-5 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/3 cup International Delights White Chocolate Mocha
- white chocolate curls garnish (optional)
- With an electric mixer cream butter until fluffy
- Slowly add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until well combined
- Add International Delights White Chocolate Mocha creamer
- Add more powdered sugar for a thicker frosting and more creamer for a thinner frosting depending on your taste
- Pipe icing onto cupcakes and garnish to your heart's desire