A friend of mine gave me a card today. It spoke volumes about our friendship and how far we have come together. I couldn't have said it better myself;
"Moments with friends can't be counted in minutes or hours...
They can only be measured by the heart."
We've been friends for years, but as we juggle work schedules, family life, children's sporting events and life in general, we are able to find less and less time to spend together just being girlfriends. Yet when we do find time, we pick up right where we left off and make the most of our time together. Even when we are not together we often take a moment to send a quick email to say hello and let the other know that we are thinking of them. We've shared a lot together and there really aren't enough words to say what our friendship has meant to me. I hope she knows how special she is.
Ironically I made these cupcakes to take to her house today. I hope they made her day as much as her card made mine.
Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcakes With Chocolate Ganache
You Will Need:
For the cupcakes:
1 box white cake mix
4 egg whites
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 tablespoons liquid strawberry daiquiri mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners
- Pour cake mix into a bowl breaking up any lumps and set aside
- In a large bowl, gently whisk eggs whites, oil, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla extract together
- Add cake mix and stir until just combined
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until and inserted toothpick comes out clean
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place chocolate chips is a heat proof bowl and add heavy cream
- Microwave for 20 seconds, remove and stir
- Continue to microwave in small increments until mixture becomes smooth and creamy
- Dip the tops of the cooled cupcakes into the ganache and let set while you make the frosting
Strawberry Butter Cream Frosting:
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons strawberry flavored Jello powder
4 cups powdered sugar
Strawberries to garnish (*I didn't have any on hand so I used raspberries instead)
- Whip butter for 2 minutes
- Add vanilla extract, Jello powder and slowly add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time
- Pipe onto cupcakes and garnish with fresh strawberry slices (or in my case raspberries)
Thanks toYourCupofCake for inspiring this recipe.